Flavours of Russia Event in March 2012

>>  2/29/2012

Event

I am happy to introduce a culinary event that takes you to the jorney around Asian cuisine. The "Flavours of"  event is a series of the different countries recipes wich you can try to cook together with other bloggers.

I am happy to introduce the Event because we are now on our culinary jorney to Russian cuisine in the "Flavours of Series 2 around Asia"! The Event starts on the 1st of March 2012 with ending on the 31st of March.

You are welcome to share your Russian food recipes. I will post them in the Flavours of Russia Event RoundUp page.

You can get some inspiration at the websites: 

http://www.food.com/recipe-finder/russian,vegetarian
http://www.ifood.tv/network/russian_vegetarian/recipes


Rules

Please follow the rules when send your entry to the Event:

Mandatory:
·        Multiple entries and Achieved entries allowed if reposted
·        Entries must include links back  to
and the event host Garnishfood blog at  http://garnishfood.blogspot.com/search/label/Events
 ·        Non bloggers can participate by emailing image and recipe.
Use the Event Logo to spread a word.




Please send your entries to my e-mail selen15367@yahoo.com with "Flavours of Russia" in  subject line. Include the following info:
Your name-
Blog Name-
Post Name-
Post URL-
Attach an image no larger than 300 pixels.

Looking forward to your entries!

So my first contribution to the Event is Piroshki (small pies) stuffed with leek and eggs.

Piroshki with eggs and leek

Piroshki are small pies with vegetable stuff, meet stuff or berries stuff. Some people love to have them baked, other prefer to have them fried. I like the baked one. Piroshki in Russia is a kind of fast food sold everythere. As far as I care for my health and weight :) I do not eat piroshki often (maybe a couple of times a year). But my family folks feel OK about eating such food :)

To make piroshki like the ones on the picture you need:
Yeast dough 1 kg,
10 boiled eggs,
2 batchs of leek.
You will get about 20-30 pies.


Usually I buy yeast dough in a local bakery so I can't give you a good recipe of it. Sorry for the confusion. I hope you are better than me in a dough making process. I just know that you need some milk, some eggs, some yeast, salt and sugar as basic ingredients. (Oh My, I spoiled the event...)

Stuff:
Chop the leek  and salt it. Chop the eggs and mix with the leek.

Cut the dough in small parts and flatten them out. Place some stuff in the center of the round dough piece and wrap it (join the dough edges).

Bake the pies in the oven till the crust goes brown.

Done!

The rest of the ingredients
The recipe is sent to "Flavours of Russia" Event 
originated by simply.food
guest host by Garnishfood Blog


11 коммент. :

Kit @ i-lostinausten February 29, 2012 at 9:37 AM  

Looks really tasty & lovely! YUM! There's an award waiting for you at my blog ! Have a lovely day

Amila March 1, 2012 at 4:02 AM  

Great chance to discover Russian Food.I will try to participate....Happy hosting!!I added this event to my event calender...

Selena Ze Arteest March 1, 2012 at 4:51 AM  

KIT@ i-lostinausten, thanks for the award! I'll take my time to answer and share it with my blogger friends :) HUGS

Selena Ze Arteest March 1, 2012 at 4:57 AM  

Amy, That wouild be REALLY GREAT to have you in the Event! Hope you will love it.

Galina Varese March 1, 2012 at 6:17 AM  

Thank you for choosing Russian cuisine for this challenge. I have lots of Russian recipes on my blog Chez Maximka, if you search for Russian (food) you can find many recipes. I will do a special blog post for your event rather than submit my old posts.

Selena Ze Arteest March 1, 2012 at 5:01 PM  

Greensleeves, I am glad you are with us!! Thank you :)

Fuss Free Helen March 10, 2012 at 3:19 AM  

I am submitting my non Russian dish, a Pavlova - created for Russia's greatest ballerina, so I hope you will accept it!

Selena Ze Arteest March 11, 2012 at 10:50 PM  

Hi Helen (Fuss Free), thanks for the recipe!!

Galina Varese March 27, 2012 at 5:14 AM  

Here is my honey cake recipe, linked back.
http://chezmaximka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/honey-cake-with-prunes-and-soured-cream.html

Galina Varese March 27, 2012 at 5:47 AM  

And here is a recipe of the buckwheat blini. I am not late, am I? http://chezmaximka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/buckwheat-blini.html

Mark Whittaker February 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM  

They look fantastic, I imagine they would go well with a preserve , perhaps piccalilli .

Post a Comment

LEAVING A COMMENT CREATES GOOD KARMA

Tasty Query - recipes search engine

Food Communities

Carving on Foodista Half Hour Meals All recipes are on Petitchef All Cooking Sites

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP